Day 20. Whew. I had arms today. My knee has still been bothering me, so I didn’t do anything that would affect it at all.
Here was my workout for today:
- Incline walking: 15% incline 10 minutes
- Pushups: 4 sets of as many as possible: 30, 15, 13, 15
- Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 15: 15 lb., 15 lb., 12.5 lb.
- Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 15: 15 lb., 15 lb., 17.5 lb.
- Shoulder Circuit: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6: 5 lb., 5lb., 7.5 lb.
- Dumbbell 21’s: 3 sets of 21: 7.5 lb.
- Bicycle Crunches 2 sets of 20
- Back Extensions 3 sets of 20: 80 lb., 100 lb., 100lb.
- Rowing Machine 20 minutes
My workout was tough today, but not crippling. If you think walking is easy… bump that incline up and try to walk without holding on to the handles. It’s hard! Incline walking will get your heart rate up for sure! It’s a great warm up. I started doing pushups and was like, “Oh yeah I’m killing it!” But then I got to 30 and remembered I had 3 more sets. I was so tired that on the next few sets I was feeling it after only 10 pushups! I know that I could have kept pushing myself to do more, but I didn’t want to gas myself on the first exercise. I need to challenge that mindset. I need to start laying it all on the line for each rep. Also, I need to increase the weights that I’m using. It’s all about doing my best. The workout today was hard, don’t get me wrong, but I could have pushed myself a little harder. I want to leave each workout saying that I gave it my all. I hope that mentality will carry over into my daily life. I want to be able to stand before the Lord and say that I gave this gift of life my best shot. Yes, exercise is one only one part of life. But God has called us to take care of our bodies and to glorify him in everything that we do. I want to give him my best in everything, including my time at the gym. I trust that the Lord will bless the way I am trying to challenge myself because I am doing it for his glory! I pray that God will use me and will use my story to help point others to him. God can change any situation and break any chains that hold us back, but he calls us to seek him and work diligently. I am just seeking to discipline myself to that he can use me.
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 end pieces of toast (I hate the end pieces so I combined them) with pb. Coffee with a smidge of low-fat creamer.
- Morning Snack: Banana
- Lunch: Turkey Sandwich (mozzarella, turkey, whole grain bread, mustard)
- Dinner: Yummy Salad with honey mustard yogurt dressing (45 cals/serving) and two cutie oranges.
- Snack: 1 cutie orange and 1 cookie.
Yes, I ate a cookie. We had some at small group tonight and I just couldn’t resist. I also had a little cookie dough, but that doesn’t count right? Just kidding! I am upset with myself for eating the cookie but I know it’s not the end of the world. The big reason why I’m upset about eating the cookie has nothing to do with calories or anything like that – everything is okay in moderation! I just have this HUGE addiction to sugar and sweet things. It’s my downfall. That’s how Ed gets me. I hardly have the urge to binge on a giant burger or french fries, but put a carton of ice cream in front of me and I’m screwed. This whole process is about changing my mind. Therefore, I have to severely limit my sweet intake. I was worried that others would judge me if I didn’t have a cookie. In reality, no one would have even noticed. That’s something important I need to remember as I move forward. I CAN SAY NO. I can say no to some delicious cookies and not hurt anyone’s feelings! I have to really dive in to the health and fitness world for this to work. I have to be all in, all the time.