I love all the yummy healthy recipes on pinterest! I found two different recipes for some healthy energy snack bites and wanted to compare them. Here are my variations on the two different recipes!
Recipe Contestant Number 1:
- 1 ripe banana (the original recipe called for two ripe bananas… that would have made it sweeter)
- 1 cup quick oats
- Mini chocolate chips
- A heaping spoonful of natural peanut butter
- Mix well, plop spoonfuls onto baking sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins.
- Makes about 10 -15 balls
Here is what the dough looks like:
Recipe Contestant Number 2:
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (I used regular flaxseed and probably used closer to 1/4 c.)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all together in a bowl. Let chill in the fridge for at least 1/2 an hour. Ball into little balls. Store in a container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Makes 18 – 20 balls
Here’s what the dough looks like:
After letting the dough sit and rolling it into little balls:
AND THE WINNER IS….
RECIPE NUMBER 2!
These balls tasted the best. They were ooey and gooey and less “cookie like” than recipe number 1. It was pretty much impossible not to eat all of the dough before I could get them rolled! The original recipe added coconut flakes, but I wanted to use what I had in the house. I loveeee peanut butter and all things chocolate so these are a great (and somewhat healthier) way to satisfy my sweet tooth. Enjoy!